The Solar Wars (NES) Page
This page is the support page for my new NES game, Solar Wars. As of 2001, it has been updated with a newer version which eliminates most of the bugs in the game. Solar Wars is available for download
I have also written a page telling you how you can put Solar Wars onto a real NES cartridge! Check it out.
Finally, I have released the sourcecode to Solar Wars so that others may learn how to program games or demos for the NES. Also included is a "diary" describing the process of writing my game. Check it out!
Solar Wars is a tank combat game like Scorched Earth on the PC, or Scorched Tanks on the Amiga. The game is two-player and pits you against a foe throughout our solar system. Here are some of the features in Solar Wars:
- Fight against a friend using two controllers, or the same controller.
- Fight on ten different worlds, each with its own gravity, atmosphere, and climate.
- Multiple types and looks of terrain.
- 64 different screens worth of randomly-selected terrain.
- 4 different endings.
- Pumpin' soundtrack.
- Vibrant colours.
- State-of-the-art. High-resolution graphics. :-)
- Freeware, check README.TXT for details.
IMAGES FROM SOLAR WARS:
|The Title Screen||Controls|
|Fight on Ten Different Worlds!||A Terrestrial Battle|
|A Watery War on Neptune||Fight in the Low-Gravity Darkness of Pluto|
|Try to Dig Your Opponent into a Hole||Venus is a Scorcher!|
Back! Send questions or comments to Chris.